To improve the lives of newborn babies and their families at a provincial and national level by supporting the Neonatal Unit at Groote Schuur Hospital in its function as a clinical model, academic resource and national centre of excellence.
The provision of the highest level of care to increase survival rates amongst premature, low birth weight and critically ill newborn babies and contribute to achieving Millennium Development Goal (MDG) 4.
- The redevelopment and refurbishment of the Neonatal Unit at Groote Schuur Hospital - Read More
- The upgrading of lifesaving equipment, and recycling of used equipment - Read More
- The implementation of ongoing regional and national training programmes, protocol development and research - Read More
- The provision of education and support to newborn mothers to improve levels of Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) - Read More
- The establishment of strategic partnerships with related community based organisations - Read More